Here at The Law Offices of Kensley R. Barrett we understand firsthand that the right education is often the path to success for many young people. The right education is what allowed us to become RI DUI law and Criminal Defense experts However, not all those who deserve an education can afford to receive one. The cost of acquiring an education in the United States can easily put a degree-seeker into debt. That is why we pleased to announce that we will be awarding a $500 college scholarship to the winner of our all new essay contest. Our goal in creating this scholarship is to help the next generation of students undertake their educational goals without being burdened by financial debt.
In order to be eligible to receive the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen (or a permanent resident of the United States).
- Be accepted or enrolled at a university, college, or graduate program in the United States.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Cannot be a past winner of the scholarship.
To apply, please use this form to send us the following information:
- Full legal name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Confirmation of US citizenship
- Academic information
- Highlights of any honors you have received
- Extracurricular/volunteer involvement
- What are you planning on studying?
- Why do you deserve to receive this scholarship?
- Any miscellaneous information you think we should know?
- Typed 300-500 word essay: Tell us about a time that you faced an ethical dilemma and what you did to overcome it. Attach a DOC or PDF only.
*Scholarship must be received by December 1st, 2016. Scholarship will be awarded by December 31st, 2016.
Use of Scholarship: The scholarship must be used for educational purposes only. It may only be applied to tuition and other education-related expenses (e.g. textbooks). A check will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly. You must submit any financial receipts to remain in compliance with the IRS.
About The Firm
The Law Offices of Kensley R. Barrett are headed by Kensley R. Barrett, a criminal defense and DUI lawyer based in Providence, Rhode Island. He has helped hundreds of individuals throughout RI in a variety of criminal defense cases: domestic violence, drug crimes, white collar crimes, and even expungement. He has also successful worked on many DUI cases. If you or someone you know has been arrested, contact The Law Offices of Kensley R. Barrett today for your free, no-obligation, confidential consultation!